Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Dress me and tress me!

Today I went with the girls at lunch and did a little shopping...by little I mean a necklace...a necklace for the soon-to-be new-me! I was double dog dared to buy it....so I did. Now, I don't wear costume jewelry and big funky necklaces, I think I'm too big for all that.... So this one, is my inspiration necklace...... currently my darn neck is too big, but I'm certain it will look smoking with a black shirt and a pair of jeans!! (OOOhhhh....maybe some boots?!!)

One of my biggest fears with surgery is losing my hair afterwards, I've known people who's hair went thin and stringy post-op. I know its hair and once I get the right nutritional balance it'll grow back if I lose some.....but its hair! My hair! My curly, blond, hair! What would I do with out it? I was pondering this today as I saw the best/worst comb over I've seen in recent memory....one of those completely bald at the crown and 3/4 of the top of the head and it somehow was glued together to make an inch wide section of head covering....classic!

Crazy busy week at work this week and at home....hubs ran over his foot with a pallet jack...off to the ER. Where I was told, "You're in Dublin, we don't have water fountains!" Seriously? You would rather get me a glass with ice and purified water than clutter up your hall with a fountain?! So, spent a few hours in the hospital,which must have influenced my dreams because next thing I knew, I was dreaming that I wrote my obit. In this dream I was running around pre-op telling everyone how to pay bills online, where the check book is, and saying my goodbyes. I was adamant that they publish this certain obit, and since I work there, it would be free....so I wanted a photo, damn it! Surgery is scary business, but the risks are minimal and in the end, it will be so worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment